Sunday 18 July 2010

Daal Makhani Recipe

Today was surprise Baby Shower party for my friend Nxxxx. From my side, I had to make one food item and group suggested to make dum aloo, but due to some reason, changed menu to Dal Makhani. It was my second time to make dal makhani and was not that confident because I was going to face all who were expert in dal makhani recipe. I tried below procedure and guys, believe me, all were praising me and dal makhani too :) . So I am sharing the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 cup whole urad daal (black whole gram )
1tbsp Red kidney beans (Rajma)
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
1" Ginger piece
2-3 green chilies finely chopped
chopped coriander leaves
4-5 flakes Garlic paste
1/2 cup fresh cream (malai)
2tbsp butter
1tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2tsp turmeric powder
1/2tsp Garam masala
Red chili powder to taste
1/2tsp dhania powder
Salt to taste

Method:

Soak rajma and urad dal in water overnight.
Add water & little salt and pressure-cook Rajma and urad daal till soft for about 20-25 minutes. Mash and boil again for 15-20 minutes.
Now in kadhai heat oil, splutter cumin seeds and add garlic paste, fry till light brown. Add onions and fry till golden brown.
Now add ginger, green chilies and tomatoes and fry till tomatoes soften.
Now add dry masalas (turmeric powder, chili powder, dhania powder & salt) and fry again for a moment.
Add daal and stir on medium flame. As soon as it starts boiling remove from the gas. Add cream to the daal.
Sprinkle garam masala powder and garnish daal makhni with coriander and add butter.
Serve daal makhni hot. Goes well with laccha paratha, naan or rice


No comments:

Post a Comment