Friday 24 July 2009

Mutter Paneer

When I was kid, I was not fond of paneer, but when I started eating outside and I had no choice other than paneer. When I ate paneer, now think I wasted my many days without paneer.
I make paneer at home which is very low in fat. I post the recipe for paneer as well.

Ingredients :

Frozen peas 1 bowl
paneer pieces 3/4 bowl
onion chopped 2 medium size
tomato chopped 2 medium size
ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
cashew nuts 9-10 flakes
cream 1 small cup
red chili powder 2tsp
turmeric powder 1 tsp
coriander powder 2tsp
jeera powder 2 tsp
garam masala 1 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
green chilies chopped 2-3 (optional)
Coriander leaves for garnish

Procedure :

In wok, pour 1 tbsp oil. once it is heated, add cashew nuts, once it is turn brown color, add chopped onion . And then add salt. If we add salt while sauting onion, it will absorb moisture from it and it cooks well .Then add tomatos. cook well . then add turmeric. and remove from flame. and aside for cool. Once it is cool, grind it in a fine paste.
Take same wok. add remaining oil. once it is heated,fry ur paneer pieces and keep aside. Then add ginger garlic paste in a remaining oil then add paste of oinion and tomato.
Add some water in it . and cook well. It gives some foam on top. It will tell u, it is yet to cook. Once it is done.
add red chili , coriander , jeera , garam masala powder,green chili pieces.Then add mutter once it cook , then add fried paneer and then add ur cream. cook well. Keep your gravy according to ur taste. then add little salt and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with tandoori roti or naan.

No comments:

Post a Comment